List of active policies
Privacy and Data Protection
- languages online extra keeps a record of your first name, surname and e-mail address, as well as your town and country, if you have supplied these details. This is needed to allow you to have an account on the site, and to be identified by your teacher within your course as well as by me as site administrator. In addition, if you actively and voluntarily add any further information to your profile, this is also saved by the website in your account area. Please note that any information you add on your profile page can only be seen by you.
- Once you begin completing exercises within your languages online extra course(s), the website will retain your scores in your grades area. This allows you, and your teacher, to track your progress. This information is visible only to you, to your teacher and to me, the site administrator.
- Other students assigned to the same course as you can see your name within the course class list when they click on “Participants” in the menu, as well as your profile picture, if you have set one. If they click on your name, they can see only your name and what badges you have earned on the course. No further personal information from your profile is visible to other student course users.
- The Teacher within your course has access to your basic account data (first name, surname, e-mail address, profile picture, town or city and country (if you have entered this)), as well as all tracking data to do with your progress on the site – marks for activities, date and time completed and badges earned.
- Schools subscribing to languages online extra: for the purpose of administering your subscription, I hold a record of your lead teacher contact name and contact e-mail address, along with the same for all teachers who have teacher accounts and courses on the website. This data is held for the duration of your subscription to languages online extra. This is needed to enable me to send teachers their initial user login details, and to keep in touch as necessary subsequently, such as when your subscription is due to expire, or if you contact me with any queries or to request support. All information will be deleted when your subscription lapses.
- Individuals subscribing privately (i.e. not as part of a school) to languages online extra: for the purpose of administering your subscription I hold on record your name along with your subscribing parent’s name and e-mail address. In addition to this, any information that you provide when creating your account (as above for all students) is retained for the same reasons and held for the duration of your subscription. All information will be deleted when your subscription lapses.
All information is stored securely within the Moodle platform behind languages online extra and will NEVER be shared with any other organisation or individual.
The above data is only retained by the website for the duration of the your subscription to the site.
After a period of inactivity on the site of six months, you will be considered to be a lapsed user and your account and all associated data will be deleted.
If you no longer wish to be subscribed to the site at any point, you can request the deletion of your account and all associated data by sending a message to the Data Protection Officer via the 'Contact Data Protection Officer' link on your profile page. In addition, you can request a copy of all of your personal data in the same way. Please note: deletion of data is a one way process and cannot be reversed.